Friday 18 September 2015

Mepxy on craft wood

 Crafting with Mepxy


Mepxy markers on craft wood are a marriage made in heaven. 
Super juicy and a huge colour range makes them a favourite for craft, art, scrapbooking and illustration.
School holidays are coming up fast and this is a great way for the kids to have some fun and adults to join in by doing the tricky grown up bits.

Supplies for this project:


  • a craft wood figure
  • wood burning tool
  • white Sharpie or Posca pen

A range of Mepxy markers: P31 Orchid Ice, C34 Fair Aqua, B04 Sky Blue, C15 Aqua, L03 Yellow Green, Y08 Acid Yellow, R09 Hot Coral, R17 Red Orange.


Here I have a blank craft wood cut out ready to get started. 


I decided to add some detail with my wood burning tool. I'm an absolute novice at this, but you have to start somewhere. And it was fun. But I may need a little more practice. 

I added a little more depth to the pupil with the script tool




I continued adding detail to the fox with this tool. Then swapping and trying some of the other tools. You don't have to do this part and can detail the whole piece with your Mexpy markers.




This tool was trickier than I thought, but I gave it a go.
 I think that's the point of it all.
Stepping out of your comfort zone
 and trying something you've never done before.
 It's a great feeling.





Start adding a little colour to the main areas such as the eyes.

Hot Coral

As you can see, the colours are vibrant and although they bleed around the edges, once you begin adding more colours, they all blend together. 

A lighter blue for starters around the eye. Sky Blue.

Add depth with slightly darker shades such as Fair Aqua.


Now for a little Sky Blue.




Okay. I went a little crazy and really added a whole mix of colour on intuition.
A dash of Acid Yellow and Yellow Green, and a bit of Red Orange and shadow with Orchid Ice. 
If you are having fun, it's a good thing right?


To make the whole thing really pop, I added touches here and there with dots etc with my white Posca acrylic pen. Again. I was just going with my gut and having fun. 




And there you have it. If you'd like to have an afternoon of fun with your kids, make a gift, or just want to spend an afternoon of crafting, why mot sit down , pull out our Magical Mepxy markers and get started. 

All the best to everyone

XOX

Kerry Sinigaglia







No comments:

Post a Comment