Wednesday 30 September 2015

Let's gear up for INKTOBER!


Inktober was created in 2009 by the very talented Mr Jake Parker, in an attempt to  challenge and improve his inking skills and to develop positive drawing habits. Drawing is a learned skill, so you can get better with daily practice and Inktober is a fantastic interactive way to do this!

Since then, Inktober has become a yearly event among all creatives! becoming a global phenomenon. I myself have yet to participate in an Inktober. This will be my first year, but I am excited to get out my pens and inks and truly committing to a daily art practice that will set me up for months to come.

Jake puts the rules on his info page but here they are below.

InkTober rules:

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober

4) Repeat
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.
That's it! Now go make something beautiful.
 
It also doesn't have to be this amazing epic work of art, don't let yourself be intimidated before you even begin! some days my inking will only be small!
Some days I want to work on my brush lettering, because lettering is a huge downfall for me, I want so badly to learn brush script but I don't do enough dedicated practice to it, so Inktober is a way for me to force learn!

So my October blog posts will be what I create with the Schmincke Aerocolour Acrylic Ink as well as some other little drawings I work on using my inky pens.

I hope this inspires you to pick up some ink and get to drawing for the month of October!
Have an awesome day!

Courtney Diaz


2 comments:

  1. Love this. I'm inspired…or should I say 'ink'spired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst Courtney - what brand/type/size are those yummy brushes? I also can't wait to see what you come up with for Inktober :)

    ReplyDelete