Thursday 17 September 2015

Hidden Treasures by Guest Designer Cindy Porter

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to be here with you today.

I have a canvas that I created to share with you all, showcasing the Pebeo Studio Acrylics colour paints, Pebeo Linen Canvas board and the Catalyst wedges...

I began with the Pebeo Linen 8x10" canvas panel...

I added some pieces of torn book pages using some gel medium... marked out the position for my photo ready to apply modelling paste...

I applied modelling paste avoiding the area marked for the image and leaving some of the book pages showing...

I created grooved texture using the Catalyst Contour C-23....

I created further texture in the modelling paste using the Catalyst Wedge W-04...

Next I began to add colour using the Pebeo Studio Acrylics; Mars Black, Titanium White, Payne's Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Naples Yellow hue, and Hookers Green...

once I had a rough base I added the photo, and set about using more modelling paste and the Catalyst wedge and contour to try and blend the photo into the canvas seamlessly....

I then started again with the Pebeo Studio Acrylics to perfectly work in the colour tones... unfortunately I got so carried away, I forgot to take any further progress photos... I was so lost in the creative moment, that it completely slipped my mind... 
but here's how the canvas ended up!!

I added a chipboard title to complete the canvas...

I am really happy with this piece and am now hunting for the perfect frame for it...

thanks for joining me today,

till next time,
Happy Creating,
xC

1 comment: