Saturday 27 June 2015

Watercolour Plates and Bowls - Using pebeo Porcelain 150 paints.



The watercolour trend is everywhere and it's making its way off the papers and into our home decor, including our crockery. Today I'm going to show you a really simple way of getting a swirly watercolour design onto your plates and bowls. It's a very chimp proof way, even the hubby had a go with me!

Supplies are Simple :-
White Plate or Bowls
Bowl of Water
Pebeo Porcelain Paint in your choice of colours.
Paintbrush
and optional heat gun (to manipulate the paint)

First of all I mixed two colours together to get the wine coloured purple for our big square plate and small bowl,

As you can see I used the bright red and dark blue paints and mixed till I was happy with the shade of purple.
I then got the big square plate and dabbed a dollop of paint into the corner of the paint with a paint brush.

I then loaded up my brush with a heap of water and started dripping it into the corner of the paint to let it start running down into the blank surface.
then as it runs, you start to slightly tilt the plate to let the watered down paint move around, only tip slightly as you don't want it to just run everywhere that ruins the look (we may have done this a few times before I was happy)

We used a tea towel to prop to dish on its side so that the watered down paint could run back into itself, we then left it to dry a little, then re tilted it, to give depths in the shades of purple so that some swirls were lighter and some dark, then I decided to manipulate the paint with a heat gun to get a more marbled look in some parts.

By using the heat gun I was able to manipulate when and how the layers dried, moving them around to dry in fascinating patterns. I feel this game the best splat like effect overall and continued to do this method with each of the other bowls and platters I had.

 The Result, its beautiful bright and unpredictable watercolour platters and bowls, they are truly stunning in real life, and I can see these being favourited by me when it comes time to serve things. The dark blue bowl will be my daily cereal bowl I can see it already.

I hope you decide to have a go at this really easy tutorial, the results will vary depending on how adventurous you feel! but I can assure you each one will be stunning and each will be uniquely your own creation!

Next month I'm going to create some watercolour inspired napkins, I am a little watercolour obsessed!

Until next time, keep creating!
x Courtney

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty skeptical that replica watches collaboration could succeed in translating and communicating his distinctly creative identity but I got to say I am pleasantly surprised. I can totally gauge the success until handling it in person, but if the execution and finish is on rolex replica uk with their 2018 replica watches I reviewed, then Les Artisans de Genève have a truly unique product here. Blancpain uses silicon because of its low density, which renders the breitling replica sale lighter and more shock resistant, and its imperviousness to magnetic fields, which aids in the movement replica watches precision. With the ownership now in its fourth generation. This provides a high degree of consistency in the company philosophy and policies. At that rate, the watchs seconds hand is skip from second to second as on a standard quartz watch, but moves in a continuous sweep around the dial, in the manner of a mechanical hublot replica hand.

    ReplyDelete