Sunday 14 June 2015

Pebeo Porcelain pasta bowls with Peta

Painting pasta bowls with Peta



Hello Today I'm showing you a project I completed a months ago as I had a set of pasta bowls I'd picked up from a garage sale when I was newly married and they'd finally given up the ghost after 20 years of constant use. 

I sourced some plain white pasta plates and decided to use the same simple stripe pattern that I'd so loved from the old plates. The old plates had dark blue stripes but my kitchen colours are now black and red so I wanted to custom paint the new plates and continue on with the style of pasta eating my family has loved for over 20 years!

Here's my guide in snapguide on the very very simple process I used to create the pasta bowls. 





Don't they look great!


We use these pasta bowls about 2-3 times a week and they are just perfect to continue that hand painted tradition of the rustic pasta dishes I've always loved so much. 

This project uses a single colour pebeo porcelain paint and a matching pebeo porcelain 150 marker to complete the look. 

Remember to let these plates cure for 24 hours before popping them in a 150 degree oven for 35 minutes. Let them cool in the oven before taking the plates out. Do not place these plates in the dishwasher except on the eco option. I always hand wash these plates anyways as I can't fit as much in the dishwasher because of their curves sides.









No comments:

Post a Comment