Tuesday 16 June 2015

Meet Guest Designer Cindy Porter

Meet Cindy.....


Married to a wonderful man for 26 years... no human children, but we have always had fur babies... currently Cleopatra (a Russian blue kitty) and Henri (a Tonkinesse cross breed kitty).... but we are not just cat people... previously we had two Alaskan Malamutes (but we lost both a little while back - old age)
My job... I am very lucky to be able to teach scrapbooking and paper craft and do some design work for my a living... there is nothing better than loving what you do... and I love to teach...
Live: we live in Werribee a suburb of Melbourne...
I have been creative all my life, as a child I used to create anything and everything... I have evolved over the last ten years into doing more mixed media, altered art and paper craft ...
I am fortunate enough to have a studio room set up in our home... this is usually where I create.......
couldn't name my most favourite media... I love all types of surfaces and all types of media... I love to experiment with it all...
I love to create mixed media pieces, scrapbook layouts, canvas's and altered art pieces are my favourites, but I am starting to enjoy art journalling too...
I am definitely most creative at night.... often I don't start to create until after midnight... I have been known to get creating and not go to bed until 7 or 8am the next morning... I just loose track of time... 
I am inspired by everything around me... the colours, the shapes, the patterns, other crafty peeps... all of it...
A few years ago, I read an article about how to overcome blocked creativity... and I find that it works for me... the article said to just take a pen or brush or pastel... whatever you have in front of you and to start to put colour on paper and keep going... and surprisingly it has always worked for me....
Art is my everyday life, so I am very lucky... and with no kids, there is only my hubby to juggle..lol

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to be here with you today.
I have created an 8x8" watercolour canvas to share with you all, showcasing the Pebeo Studio Aquarelle watercolour paints...

I began by mixing up some modelling paste with various colours


I then applied the coloured modelling paste through my stencil

once the modelling paste was dry I could watercolour the base canvas

next up I added some stamping around the edge of the canvas and a stamped butterfly which was painted up with the Pebeo watercolours

I loved working with these wonderful watercolours.... they are deliciously transparent allowing great blending on my butterfly wings. this fabulous transparency also enabled me to create the 3D shadow under the butterfly


 for a finishing touch I added some Schmincke Rich Gold powder, it has a gouache binding medium, you just add water to get a fabulous shiny gold effect



 and finally the finished canvas...

thanks for joining me today
happy creating


No comments:

Post a Comment