Friday 26 June 2015

Little Tiles Of Inspiration With Pebeo Porcelaine 150


These days everybody needs a little daily dose of inspiration, and this a cute and decorative way to get yours, or give some to a friend.

To make a Tile of Inspiration you will need:

  • Ceramic Tiles -  approximately 9cm square (I bought mine at Spotlight in the craft section))

  • Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Black Fine Liner Marker
  • Your choice of colours - Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Porcelaine Paints and Markers,
  • Flat and small round Princeton Brushes
  • Diggers Isopropyl Alcohol
  • A little mini easel to display (You can often buy these at craft stores, usually with a little mini stretched canvas)
I started by taking three different tiles and painting the upper two thirds with a mix of Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Ivory and Lapis Blue to make a sky colour. I used a soft, flat Princeton brush. I then took a small round Princeton brush an and experimented with brush strokes to create grass on the bottom third. The grass colour is Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Olivine Green.


On the above tile I went back in after the sky had dried with Isopropyl Alcohol and a cotton wool ball to remove some of the paint and create a cloud effect.

To draw my flowers I used Pebeo Porcelaine 150 in Parma Violet and dabbed the paint with a round brush.  Then I added the dots with a Pebeo Porcelaine 150 marker in Marseille Yellow. Make sure you let the paint dry between the layers.


For my Poppies tile I used the Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Marker in Scarlet Red to draw random poppy shapes, then the Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Black Fine Line Marker for the middle and the stems.


Again in the above tile I used the Black Fine Liner to mark in my flower outline. then I coloured in using Pebeo Porcelain 150 Marker in Amazonite Green for the leaves and a mix of Marseille Yellow and Agate Orange markers for the petals.

All the text was written with the Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Black Fine Liner. The options for colours, patterns, and quotes is endless, have fun exploring and creating something to inspire you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment