Tuesday 5 May 2015

Canson Canvas paper LOVE



Recently I tried the CANSON CANVAS PAPER as an alternative to using watercolour paper and I LOVE it! This paper is a ready-to-use canvas-textured paper so there is no need to add gesso to it first. It comes in both A4 and A3 sized pads and is 290GSM. It is suggested for use with Acrylic and Oil paints but I had recent success with a mixed media project using collage, Schmincke Inks and even Pebeo Vitrea 160 Glass Paints which looked luminous and vibrant on this surface.

This portrait was done as part of an on-line class I was participating in, and whilst I normally work in a journal for my classes, I decided to give this paper a try instead. If you do journals and like to bind your own, why not consider buying a pad of the A3 size and making a whole journal or at least include a few sheets as an alternative to your usual paper?

My girl was done in acrylic paint and Prismacolor coloured Pencil. The class was with my favourite on-line teacher, and Super Guest Star Crafty Crusader, Jane Davenport and is called "Beautiful Faces".

Portrait on Canvas Paper by Dee Noney

3 comments: