Wednesday 7 January 2015

Meet Courtney Diaz


Hi there! I'm Courtney Diaz and I'm a Sydney based Journal artist, mother to two curly haired brown eyed babes and wife to a man that made life colourful again.
I have been getting my hands dirty with paints and inks since I was a kid! Always hoarding notebooks to fill up, always with my camera in my hands to capture life so I could print the photos and get them into my journals. I live between the pages of art journals, written journals and everyday notebooks.
There is something magical about collecting your life between the pages of journals to open them up and instantly be transported back to the time when you created the artwork. They are an extension of yourself! I am self taught and proud of it, I love to make vibrant pages using inks, markers, paints and pens if it makes a mark I'll use it!

Art literally saved my life, so I make sure I spread that passion with as many people as I can. Its magical, its relaxing it's therapy!

I am still 'small time' but I make art and share it on YouTube as well as on my blog, I am being published in an upcoming art journal book in 2015 which is something I am super proud of. I enjoy what I do, because what is the point of doing it if you don't enjoy it!
I hope to be able to show you guys some of the things that make me smile like a kid at Christmas!
Grab an art journal and just have a play! You will thank me later!

x Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment