Tuesday 13 January 2015

A family Tree.

Hi there.
Welcome to The Crafty Crusaders Blog today.

I have a Project to share here this morning.

                

                                                                                                                                                                                                             Family Tree Tutorial - how to make your family tree craft with MS Word Art
                                                                                    
                                                         Image Source 


                                                                      
I created my version from an image I saw on Pinterest created in Microsoft Word.

I thought it was really sweet, and wondered if I could create something like it for My Step Dad's 70th birthday.  

I got out my treasured Canson A3 Watercolour Pad.  Its a lovely 300gsm, which makes it sturdy and resiliant.

I LOVE the Schmincke Aerocolor Inks, and they played very nicely with my dip pen.  I used two colours but they are not really distinguishable with fine lines.


I used the Pebeo Watercolour set.  They are lovely.


First I roughly drew a border around my page in light pencil, just to keep my image in the centre, with a clear space around the edge.

I lightly sketched out the shape of a tree with some branches, and then added the names of the children on each, the stems being the grandies, the tree trunk are the parents of our blended family....  The ground area are the Grandparents. 



I added painted leaves, and then added rough details with graphite pencil.





I framed it with a simple white frame, and H
he loved it!

Might have to do one for myself, now.  It was really quick to do.  (Literally took me an hour!)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  See you again soon!














1 comment: