Thursday 1 January 2015

Welcome!

Happy New Year!

We are super excited to be kick starting this new year with this new venture, and we hope to educate and inspire everyone with the amazing line up of Designers we have as our Crafty Crusaders.

We thought we would start the year off by introducing each of our Designers over the next couple of weeks, and just share a little of their talent with you, just so you can get to know each one!

So lets begin.

I will start!


Hi I am Lydell!
this is me.... (and 2 of my 3!)

 

I have been creative for as long as I can remember.  I have always drawn or painted, and crafted things when ever I could.  I have been a scrapbooker, heavily involved in the scrapbooking industry since my first was born in 2002 and have been on many Design Teams over the years, which have helped me grow and push my artistic limits. I recently closed the door of the creative challenge website 'The Color Room', which has been a long term hobby of mine, which is very bitter sweet- (but with new doors opening, as they always tend to do!!!)  Currently I am loving Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Drawing and Calligraphy.  I still scrapbook and create a lot of altered items for home décor/ gifts and thoroughly enjoy the weekly documentation of life with 'Project Life.'
I currently Design and Educate for Shimmerz Paints (US paint/sprays company) and The Crafters Workshop (stencils) and am now heading up the Crafty Crusaders Design Team!

On a more personal note, I am married with three little people, who are rapidly growing into big people (ugh....when did that happen?)  with my oldest being 12.   I was a Primary School Teacher before I became Mum.....now I am lucky enough to be a Stay at Home Mum with my youngest little one (2.5 yrs old) which I LOVE being! I teach a monthly class at my gorgeous local scrapbooking store, (Paper Flourish) and running classes at home when ever I can. 
I am a born and bred South Aussie, and love living in our beautiful city of Adelaide. 

I am looking forward to getting to know people through this Blog and Facebook, and the other Crafty Crusader social media outlets with all the fun things happening through out the year!



We are going to have an amazing year.....put on your crafty shoes and join us!!!!


     :-)  Ps....here a couple of recent samples of my art in all its forms!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Very Cool.... I am going to enjoy watching what you do..

    ReplyDelete